The Year Long Challenge. The “Year Long Challenge” is introduced at the September or October guild meeting. A theme is presented along with challenge 'rules' and guidelines. Expect many members to take part in the challenge and produce very different interpretations. The biggest part of this challenge is the fact that you are basically your own designer, though patterns may be used. You do the interpretation and create, turning your thoughts and creative spirit into a fabric vision. This is a voluntary program to participate in. We hope you all have fun with it.
The year long challenge for our 2019-2020 guild year is:
Guild member, Carlotta V is coordinating the Year-Long Quilt Challenge this year.
- THEME: "What Are You Reading?". The idea is to select page 18 from a book that you are reading and use it as inspiration for a wall hanging.
- FINISHED SIZE: Completed wall hangings should be no larger than 24” x 24".
- COMPLETED REQUIREMENTS: Completed means that your wall hanging is quilted, has no raw edges and is labeled.
- DUE DATE: All completed wall hangings shall be turned in to Carlotta V. at our May 2020 guild meeting (May 21, 2020).
- INSTRUCTIONS: Guild members can click here to go to the Members Only page to download a PDF file with complete instructions for the challenge.