The Year Long Challenge. The “Year Long Challenge” is introduced at the September or October guild meeting. A theme is presented along with challenge 'rules' and guidelines. Expect many members to take part in the challenge and produce very different interpretations. The biggest part of this challenge is the fact that you are basically your own designer, though patterns may be used. You do the interpretation and create, turning your thoughts and creative spirit into a fabric vision. This is a voluntary program to participate in. We hope you all have fun with it.
The year long challenge for our 2018-2019 guild year is:
Guild member, Lynn T is coordinating the Year-Long Quilt Challenge this year.
- THEME: "Playing with a Full Deck". The idea is to select a card from the deck and use it as inspiration for a wall hanging.
- FINISHED SIZE: Completed wall hangings have to measure no more than 108”.
- COMPLETED REQUIREMENTS: Completed means that your wall hanging is quilted, has no raw edges and is labeled.
- DUE DATE: All completed wall hangings shall be turned in to Lynn T. at our May 2019 guild meeting (May 16, 2019).
- INSTRUCTIONS: Guild member can click here to go to the Members Only page to download a PDF file with complete instructions for the challenge.